Why choose lawn and garden edging?
Lawn and garden edging makes borders more aesthetically pleasing and prevents grass from creeping into flowerbeds. Plastic lawn edging is subtle, enabling blending of borders and making decorative styles stand out.
The use of garden edging products can create a long-lasting, reinforced, straight or contoured section between landscaped areas. They can be used for both small and large tasks to prevent migration, crumbly edges and grass or plants from growing outside boundaries.
EcoPic Lawn Edging Stakes
EcoPics are used primarily for securely fixing EcoLat lawn edging in to the ground but can be used with other edging systems or gardening products. Manufactured from 100% recycled plastic, EcoPics are available in either grey or brown to match our EcoLat edging range and are packaged individually and in packs of 10.
The lawn edging is made from plastic waste which would otherwise be dumped into landfill sites or end up in the oceans. A recycled garden edging product therefore both improves the appearance of your garden and is eco-friendly.
Shaped like a H and made from plastic, our environmentally friendly, strong, durable, weather and UV resistant fixings are designed to hold EcoLat edging rolls and other edgings in place when installed around the perimeter landscaped areas. As they are manufactured from recycled plastic, each fixing carries benefits that other fixings just do not have such as being incredibly strong, strimmer proof and will not rot away or break down over time regardless of conditions.
EcoLat garden edging is also compatible with other garden products. They are incredibly strong, strimmer proof and will not rot away over time.
How to install EcoLat
To install EcoLat follow the 5 step process below:
- Choose a location for the EcoLat to be installed. Unroll the EcoLat edging and cut to size. EcoLat rolls are flexible and can be contoured or for straight edges use ‘EcoLat straight edging’.
- Dig a small trench and lay the EcoLat within the trench. It is advised that you put a minimum of two-thirds of the EcoLat edging into the trench.
- Mallet the EcoPic stakes into the ground at 1m intervals. The H profile of the stakes guarantees high stability.
- Secure the Ecolat to the EcoPics using stainless steel screws, at 2 per stake. A spirit level may come in handy to help to create a level edging.
- At the end of this process, back-fill the edging using soil, gravel, wood or another appropriate material to ensure that the edging is secure.
To find out more download our product guide below.
Read our product guide for more information on our EcoPics but if you would like to know more about any of our products then please do not hesitate to live chat, email or call a member of our sales team.