The Ox P027625 250mm Torpedo Level is ideal for use in trade as it has a Die-Cast aluminium body which provides protection from damage and a longer life span and three solid block vials so this can be used in different angles and in different applications. It has rare earth magnets which provide a strong grip to metal surfaces so the user can use their hands for other jobs without having to worry about the level. Its accuracy is 0.5mm/m so you can be satisfied the job can be finished accurately and efficiently. The surface of the level has a V groove for comfort when using.
What is a spirit level?
A spirit level is a tool used to diagnose how parallel surface is.
Typically the vials are a yellowish-green colour with additives for UV protection. The vial bodies of a bubble level is provided in a number of different shapes, to measure slope in fractions per foot of pitch.
How to read a bubble level
A bubble level can be read by following the instructions below:
- The bottom edge of the level rests against the surface that you’re trying to level.
- Make one mark at the end of the level.
- Make another mark along the side of the level, under the centre vial.
- Take a reading of the bubble’s position.
- Rotate the level 180° end-to-end and align the level with marks.
- Take another reading. If the level accurate, the bubble will be in the same position for both readings.
- To test the vertical vial, follow the same procedure against a flat vertical surface.
Find out more
To find out more information call us on 01246 418144. Alternatively use the webchat function or email us here.