DescriptionGCL Products Water Storage Crates are a lightweight modular cell with a high void ratio that can be used for creating a stormwater underground water storage or attenuation system for landscaped areas, car parking areas as well as heavier duty use areas within residential, commercial, industrial or retail areas. Water storage crates create a permeable infiltration schemes. Water storage crate should be wrapped in a non woven needle punched geotextile which allows water to discharge through the subsurface whilst preventing the ingress of soil or sand particles. Total number of Water storage crates can be calculated using 2.3 /m³ (1000 Litres). Decide upon the best configuration for the characteristics of the site in question and create the area accordingly using the length and width dimensions allowing for a 95% void ratio.
Features of Water Storage Crates:
- Modular size 1m x 1m x 0.4m
- Suitable for high load bearing capacity suitable for HGV vehicles.
- Quick and simple to install 2.5 crates per m³
- lightweight crates removing the need for mechanical Handling
- Prevents extreme peak flows to main draigange and water purification systems
- Rainwater is cleaned by the geotextile surround
- Decreases the possibility of flooding during heavy rain falls
- Allows development of difficult sites by using attentuation / water storage
- Decreases environmental problems caused by development
- Grey water storage for use in flushing of toilets, watering of plants cleaning of vehicles etc: