Blue rubber mulch is a strong, soft, permeable, impact absorbing rubber surfacing product, perfect for use around play areas, playgrounds, parks and other recreational areas. Each bag of mulch is manufactured from recycled tyres before being covered in durable blue PU coating to create a bark like appearance.
It is wheelchair friendly, natural looking and cost effective.
Mulch for playgrounds
The blue shred is created by mixing it with a specially formulated, unpigmented resin binder in a forced action mixer before being laid and levelled out in the required area. It is easy to install, produces minimal disruption to the existing ground and can be installed on any level surface, such as grass or soil.
It creates a safe, free draining and vibrant protective surface which is suitable for for use around such a wide range of applications.
Maintenance advice for rubber mulch
To ensure your blue rubber mulch area does not wear at an accelerated rate, we recommend following these maintenance tips:
- Only allow appropriate footwear to be used on the surface (high-heels and studs can damage the surface),
- Sweeping leaves and other debris away from the surface,
- Routine cleaning using hot water (not boiling) and soap to remove stains or mud whilst preventing moss, algae and vegetation build up,
- Removal of any singular weeds or plants by hand or groups of weeds using domestic weed killer but oil based weed killers must not be used.
- Re-coat the surface routinely to cover the mulch and prevent colour marking on users.
Find out more about mulch
If you would like some more information on our rubber mulch, read our product guide or contact us to speak with a member of our helpful and knowledgeable customer service team who can help you decide on the best product for your upcoming project.
Please note: Due to normal wear and tear and UV exposure, over time all colour coated products are likely to expose the base rubber. As a result, mulch may leave black marks on users if not recoated as part of maintenance. There are often variations in shade and shred size between mulch batches. Any orders of a single colour over 100 bags of mulch may be from more than one batch. For batch information refer to manufacture codes and dates marked on the pallet.