Black mulch is a soft, strong, impact absorbing, permeable, wheelchair friendly, natural looking and cost effective rubber surfacing product for use around play areas, playgrounds and parks. The mulch is manufactured from recycled tyres before being coated in durable grey PU coating which creates a bark like appearance.
Black rubber mulch is created by being mixed together with a specifically formulated, unpigmented resin binder in a forced action mixer before being laid and levelled out in the area needed. It is easy to install with minimal disruption to existing ground. It can be installed on almost any level surface such as grass or soil. Mulch creates a safe, free draining and vibrant protective surface which is suitable for use in a wide range of applications.
To ensure your grey rubber mulch area does not wear at an accelerated rate, we recommend following these maintenance tips:
- Only use appropriate footwear on the surface (high-heels and studs can damage the surface),
- Sweeping leaves and other debris away from the surface,
- Routine cleaning using hot water (not boiling) and soap to remove stains or mud whilst preventing moss, algae and vegetation build up,
- Removal of any singular weeds or plants by hand or groups of weeds using domestic weed killer but oil based weed killers must not be used.
- Re-coat the surface routinely to cover the mulch and prevent colour marking on users.
If you would like some more information on our rubber mulch, read our product guide or contact us to speak with a member of our knowledgeable customer service team who can help you decide on the best product for your upcoming project.
Please note: Due to normal wear and tear and UV exposure, over time all colour coated products are likely to expose the base rubber. As a result, mulch may leave black marks on users if not recoated as part of maintenance. There are often variations in shade and shred size between mulch batches. Any orders of a single colour over 100 bags of mulch may be from more than one batch. For batch information refer to manufacture codes and dates marked on the pallet.