Green rubber mulch is a soft, strong, permeable, impact-absorbing, wheelchair friendly, natural-looking and cost-effective rubber surfacing product for use around play areas, playgrounds, parks and all other recreational areas. Each bag of mulch has been manufactured from recycled tyres before being covered in durable green PU coating to create a bark-like appearance. A continuous rubber surface is created mixing together the rubber bark chip with a specially formulated, unpigmented resin binder in a forced action mixer before being laid and trowelled out in the required area to an appropriate thickness. Our rubber play chip is an easy-to-install product, which produces minimal disruption to the existing ground and site as mulch can be installed on to almost any level surface such as grass or soil. By choosing to use mulch over wet pour rubber you will be able to create a safe, free draining and vibrant protective surface which is suitable for use around such a wide range of applications.
To ensure your green rubber mulch area does not wear at an accelerated rate, we recommend following these maintenance tips:
- Only allow appropriate footwear to be used on the surface (high-heels and studs can damage the surface),
- Sweeping leaves and other debris away from the surface,
- Routine cleaning using hot water (not boiling) and soap to remove stains or mud whilst preventing moss, algae and vegetation build-up,
- Removal of any singular weeds or plants by hand or groups of weeds using domestic weed killer but oil-based weed killers must not be used.
- Re-coat the surface routinely to cover the mulch and prevent colour marking on users.
If you would like some more information on our rubber play mulch, read our product guide or contact us to speak with a member of our helpful and knowledgeable customer service team who can help you decide on the best product for your upcoming project.
Please note: Due to normal wear and tear and UV exposure, over time all colour coated products are likely to expose the base rubber. As a result, mulch may leave black marks on users if not recoated as part of maintenance. There are often variations in shade and shred size between mulch batches. Any orders of a single colour over 100 bags of mulch may be from more than one batch. For batch information refer to manufacture codes and dates marked on the pallet.