Brown rubber mulch is a soft, strong and permeable rubber surfacing product, ideal for use around play areas, playgrounds, parks and all other recreational areas.
Mulch is impact absorbing, wheelchair friendly and cost effective. It is manufactured from recycled tyres before being covered in durable brown PU coating to create a bark like appearance. It is created by being mixed together with a specially formulated, unpigment resin binder in a forced action mixer being laid and levelled in the required area.
Easy to install playground flooring
Rubber mulch is an easy to install product that produces minimal disruption to existing ground. It can be installed onto almost any level surface such as grass or soil.
It creates a safe, free draining and vibrant protective surface for use around such a wide range of applications.
Advice for maintenance of rubber mulch
To ensure your mulch area does not wear at an accelerated rate, we recommend following these maintenance tips:
- Only allow appropriate footwear to be used on the surface (high-heels and studs can damage the surface),
- Sweeping leaves and other debris away from the surface,
- Routine cleaning using hot water (not boiling) and soap to remove stains or mud whilst preventing moss, algae and vegetation build up,
- Removal of any singular weeds or plants by hand or groups of weeds using domestic weed killer but oil based weed killers must not be used.
- Re-coat the surface routinely to cover the mulch and prevent colour marking on users.
Contact us to find out more information about rubber mulch
If you would like some more information on our rubber mulch, read our product guide or contact us to speak with a member of our helpful and knowledgeable customer service team who can help you decide on the best product for your upcoming project.
Please note: Due to normal wear and tear and UV exposure, over time all colour coated products are likely to expose the base rubber. As a result, mulch may leave black marks on users if not recoated as part of maintenance. There are often variations in shade and shred size between mulch batches. Any orders of a single colour over 100 bags of mulch may be from more than one batch. For batch information refer to manufacture codes and dates marked on the pallet.